Texas Health Resources Patient Transporter in Denton, Texas
Texas Health Denton seeks to hire a Patient Transporter to work Full Time.
The address 3000 North I-35 Denton, TX 76201
Salary range is Min. $11.00/hr to Max. $16.45/hr – based on relevant experience
• Full Time (40 hours) Day Shift position
• Transport patients, paperwork and patient belongings during admissions, dismissals, and transfers to and from test areas within set standards. May assist patients in dressing appropriately for procedures.
• Transport to/from special areas as assigned.
• Follow proper protocol for use and organization of supplies, equipment and supply room.
• Transport equipment, clean linen, late trays and other requested items to all areas of the facility within set standards.
• Assist patients and visitors by providing information and directions.
• Adhere to appropriate Isolation Universal Precaution Policy. Complies with hand washing hygiene guidelines and use of personal protective equipment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
• BCLS- Basic Cardiac Life Support is required within 30 days of hire
• Ability to make independent decisions while maintaining tact, maturity, and a professional attitude.
• Excellent verbal communication.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
• Knowledge of Windows/PC helpful.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.