Texas Health Resources Physical Therapist in Denton, Texas
Texas Health Denton seeks to hire a Physical Therapist to work a Part Time position.
The address is 3000 North I-35 Denton, TX 76201
Salary range is Min. $36.05/hr to Max. $53.31/hr – based on relevant experience
• Part Time (28 Hour) Day Shift
• Performs age appropriate patient assessment and establishes plan of care
• Obtains/verifies physician order for therapy and validates for appropriateness
• Reviews available medical records and obtains pertinent medical history from patient or family
• Ensures that patient has given informed consent to treatment
• Evaluates each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements, including appropriate outcome assessment tool(s)
• Integrates assessment results to identify functional problems and prioritizes care needs with patient and family
• Determines plan for care, and/or appropriate therapeutic interventions to achieve stated goals
• Initiates therapy discharge planning in collaboration with care team and patient based on prognosis and expected discharge disposition
• Determines patient response to treatment and evaluates progress (reassessment)
• Responsible for care provided under their direction, including that provided by licensed assistants and therapy technicians
• Documents all aspects of each treatment session in accordance with departmental, TJC, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines
• Obtains physician signature on all plans care and re-certifications, providing proof of all attempts to obtain signature such as documenting contacts in medical record
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree is required (Completion of a Physical Therapy program)
• PT – Physical Therapist (Texas Physical Therapy License) required upon hire
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support required within 60 days
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English; Problem – solving ability; Ability to teach others; Time management skills; Good interpersonal and customer service skills, Basic leadership skills.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (6th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.