Texas Health Resources Registered Cardiac/Vascular Sonographer-PRN(Sign on Bonus $8k for Eligible New Hires) in Denton, Texas
Registered Cardiac/Vascular Sonographers PRN- (Sign on Bonus $8k for Eligible New Hires)
We’re looking for qualified Registered Cardiac/Vascular Sonographers like you to join our Texas Health family.
• Work location: 3000 North I-35, Denton, TX 76201
• Work environment: Noninvasive Cardiology
• Work hours: Rotating shift, as needed
• Salary range: $33.06 - $49.76 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
High school diploma or equivalent required
Associate's Degree from an accredited school of ultrasound technology preferred
One (1) year prior experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications
RCS - Registered Cardiac Sonographer upon hire required or
RDCS - Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer upon hire required or
RVT - Registered Vascular Technologist upon hire required or
RVS - Registered Vascular Specialist upon hire required and
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support (prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly) required
• Performs Echocardiography which includes: Transthoracic Echocardiograms (TTE), Transesophageal Echocardiograms (TEE), and Stress Echocardiograms (treadmill and pharmacological), Carotid/Arterial/Venous duplex studies.
• Good communication and excellent customer service.
Imaging Quality and Processing:
• Explains procedures to patient or guardian/family member if applicable prior to exam
• Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations.
• Adjusts technique parameters appropriately for age related factor.
• Produces quality Echocardiogram, Stress Echocardiogram, Transesophageal Echocardiogram, and/or Vascular studies following department policies and procedures, as well as IAC standards.
• Employs relevant guidelines set forth by ASE and SDMS, including scope of practice. www.svunet.org, www.sdms.org, www.intersocietal.org/echo.
• Recognizes normal and abnormal anatomy and physiology relevant to adult echocardiography. Adult echocardiography includes, but not limited to, transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE), transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE), stress echocardiogram (treadmill and pharmacological) and echocardiogram with echo enhancing agents.
• Recognizes normal and abnormal anatomy and physiology relevant to vascular ultrasound. Vascular ultrasound may include but not limited to, upper extremity arterial (UEA), upper extremity venous (UEV), lower extremity arterial (LEA), lower extremity venous (LEV), carotid (CAS), abdominal aortic (AA), ABI/segmental pressure, venous reflux, and vein mapping.
• Conveys appropriate, relevant information to physicians and other health care providers, communicates effectively
• Demonstrates knowledge of quality control and quality assurance
• Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, makes technique adjustments or repeats procedures as needed.
• Correctly maintains images on various electronic media, exports studies to physician reading station and maintains image data files
• Performs work timely and complete
• Uses multidisciplinary, team oriented actions
• Assesses and recognizes the patient’s emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial conditions.
• Prepares room for examination (i.e., suction, oxygen, supplies).
• Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time out procedures
• Greets and acknowledges patients using two forms of ID
• Obtains patient history
• Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices and monitors patients during imaging
• Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment
• Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patients
• Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed.
Equipment Operation and Maintenance:
• Adjusts technical factors
• Operates, cares for and maintains equipment
• Applies knowledge of physics and accessories
• Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction
• Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards
• Stocks supplies
• Exchanges and maintains radiology film badges
• Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards.
Professional Accountability and Partnership:
• Maintains and enhances technical skills and technology advancement
• Attends departmental continuing education, meetings and checks email
• Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement
• Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary
• Performs assignments deemed necessary by supervisor.
Why Texas Health
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make it a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
• 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
• Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
• “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
• A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.