Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse--Progressive Care--Full time--(7P-7A)--Denton in Denton, Texas
Texas Health Denton seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the Progressive Care Unit.
The address is: 3000 N I-35 Denton, TX 76201
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr. to Max. $50.40/hr. – based on relevant experience
• Shift is 7P-7A (3) 12 hour shifts with rotating weekends and holidays
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a state-of-the-art, full-service acute care facility. Our unsurpassed degree of service is a result of our commitment to growth and change as the needs of the community dictate.
• Responsible for handling initial patient assessments.
• Point of care testing and associated administrative tasks..
• Collaborate with staff in determining best outcomes for patient population.
PCU Department provides intermediate /telemetry level of care for the post-acute stroke, general medical, endocrine GI/renal patient population
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associate's Degree Nursing RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date. RNs hired between January 2014 and December 2016 require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date. Req
Bachelor's Degree Nursing Preferred.
• 1 Year Experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program required. 1-2 years of experience in cardiac/intermediate care is preferred.
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Req. and
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Req. and ACLS
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.