Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse - Med/Surge Post Surgical Unit - Full-time, 7pm-7am in Denton, Texas
Texas Health Denton seeks to hire a Full Time Registered Nurse for our Med/Surge Post-Surgical unit.
The address is 3000 North I-35 Denton, TX 76201
Hourly Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr. to Max. $50.82/hr.- based on relevant experience
Work Schedule : Full time, 7am-7pm; 36 hours/week; (3) 12 hour shifts with rotating weekends/holidays
The Registered Nurse on our 33 beds Surgical Unit will care for patients after Orthopedic, Spine, General and Bariatric surgery.
We offer self-scheduling options, NCAP opportunity, Certification reimbursement and Tuition reimbursement.
The essential job duties of this position are :
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associates degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred; completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required.
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS (AHA) upon hire
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program. Highly prefer previous experience with post- surgical patients, especially Orthopedic and Spine.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Texas Health Highlights
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (6th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
• 2019 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.