Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse - Oncology - Nights in Denton, Texas
Texas Health Dallas seeks to hire a Registered Nurse II to work part-time in the Medical-Surgical Oncology Unit.
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr to Max. $50.82/hr – based on relevant experience
Night Shift 7p-7a, 36 hour work week
The Registered Nurse will be working in a 15 bed unit. The RN will be caring for Oncology and Medical Surgical overflow and will assume care of assigned patients (typically 4-5 patients) – assessment, medication administration, admit/transfer/discharge and chemo administration. As an oncology unit most of the patients have a cancer diagnosis, and there is a lot of emotional support for the patients and their family members from new diagnosis to end-of-life. The RN should have previous work experience in oncology and has a passion for caring for people with cancer. If no prior oncology experience, a strong background in Medical Surgical is preferred.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications.
• Associates Degree Required.
• BSN preferred upon hire.
• RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date. RNs hired between January 2014 and December 2016, require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date.
• One-year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program, or acceptance into a THR residency program.
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• Current AHA BLS upon hire
• CPI within 60 days of hire
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Patient assessment and time management skills
• Must be a team player, have good communication skills and able to work in fast paced environment Effective in managing multiple acute chronic disease processes.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.