Texas Health Resources RRT/Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN 7p-7a - New Grads Welcome To Apply in Denton, Texas
Texas Health Denton seeks to hire a Registered Respiratory Therapist to join the Respiratory Care Team.
- * New Grads Welcome to Apply**
The address is 3000 North I-35, Denton, TX 76201
Salary range is Min. $25.83/hr to Max. $38.61/hr – based on relevant experience
• PRN – As Needed; 12 Hour Shifts
7:00pm – 7:00am; Variable Shifts including Weeknights and every other Weekend
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist with Texas Health Denton, this position will use therapeutic treatment techniques appropriate to patient age and desire for treatment.
The essential duties of this position are:
• Plan of Care Obtains/verifies physician order for therapy and validate for appropriateness.
• Reviews available medical records and obtain pertinent medical history from patient or family.
• Evaluates each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements.
• Applies appropriate patient care interventions according to protocol guidelines and priority of care.
• Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient assessment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
• Performs treatment procedures that are within the scope of the professional license.
• Performs/delegates technical procedures appropriately and safely.
• Determine patient response to treatment and evaluate progress (reassessment).
• Educates patient and family through instruction, demonstration, or appropriate handouts in treatment plan, safety issues, and home programs/self-management.
• Maintain bedside and ventilator alarms in audible position.
• Maintains patient safety throughout treatment.
• Communicates with physicians and other healthcare personnel as appropriate regarding patient care issues.
• Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient treatment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
• Administers medication in a safe/correct manner, adhering to medication administration guidelines.
• Reports unsafe conditions and equipment in proper/timely manner.
• Responds to emergency situations.
• Documents verification of physician orders prior to delivery of care.
• Documents aspects of each treatment session in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Documents assessments of education needs, education provided, and patient understanding of education provided in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Reports and documents unusual occurrences, on the job injuries, and medical device malfunctioning.
• Enters patient charges and record procedures according to departmental guidelines.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Graduate of AMA approved Respiratory Care Program is required
• New Grad or experienced Registered Respiratory Therapist preferred
• RCP - Respiratory Care Practitioner upon hire required and
• RRT - Registered Respiratory Therapist upon hire required and
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire required and
• ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support upon hire required and
• NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program upon hire preferred
• Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Computer experience.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020 (#15) (6 th year in a row)
• 2020 Fortune's list of Best Workplaces in Health Care (#1)
• Best Workplaces for Millennials for 2019 by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2019 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles®” awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health
• 2019 "Best Workplaces for Women" by Great Place to Work®
• 2019 Gold Level Workplace Health Achievement Award by the American Heart Association
• 2019 HealthCare's Most Wired by CHIME and Modern Healthcare
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.