Texas Health Resources RRT/Registered Respiratory Therapist in Denton, Texas
Texas Health Denton seeks to hire a Registered Respiratory Therapist to work Full Time.
The address is 3000 N. I-35, Denton, TX 76201
Salary range is Min. $25.40/hr to Max. $37.86/hr – based on relevant experience
• Rotating nights from 7:00pm to 7:00am
Patient Assessment/Plan of Care
• Obtains/verifies physician order for therapy and validate for appropriateness.
• Reviews available medical records and obtain pertinent medical history from patient or family.
• Evaluates each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements.
• Applies appropriate patient care interventions according to protocol guidelines and priority of care.
• Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient assessment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
• Uses therapeutic treatment techniques appropriate to patient age and desire for treatment.
• Performs treatment procedures that are within the scope of the professional license.
• Performs/delegates technical procedures appropriately and safely.
• Determine patient response to treatment and evaluate progress (reassessment).
• Educates patient and family through instruction, demonstration, or appropriate handouts in treatment plan, safety issues, and home programs/self-management.
• Maintain bedside and ventilator alarms in audible position.
• Maintains patient safety throughout treatment.
• Communicates with physicians and other healthcare personnel as appropriate regarding patient care issues.
• Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient treatment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
• Administers medication in a safe/correct manner, adhering to medication administration guidelines.
• Reports unsafe conditions and equipment in proper/timely manner.
• Responds to emergency situations.
• Documents verification of physician orders prior to delivery of care.
• Documents aspects of each treatment session in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Documents assessments of education needs, education provided, and patient understanding of education provided in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Reports and documents unusual occurrences, on the job injuries, and medical device malfunctioning.
• Enters patient charges and record procedures according to departmental guidelines.
• Utilizes available resources (equipment, support personnel, educational resources) to maximize efficiency and productivity and meet departmental needs.
• Participates in orientation and training of students and new employees.
• Attends and/or leads hospital, department, and community educational in-services.
• Represents department in a positive manner to hospital/system/community.
• Completes assigned work within scheduled hours and offers assistance to others to ensure departmental work is accomplished.
• Seeks assistance/supervision/consultation as needed and reports to supervisor any problems and/or solutions regarding delivery of patient care.
• Demonstrates commitment to the maintenance of a clean, safe work environment that is compliant with departmental, hospital and regulatory agency requirements.
• Works in partnership with peers, other disciplines, and departmental personnel.
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift and inter-hospital.
• Adapts to changes in workload assignment.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Graduate of AMA approved Respiratory Care Program is required
• 1 year of Med/Surg or critical care experience is preferred
• Previous NICU experience is a plus
• Required Certifications/Licenses:
• Respiratory Care Practitioner
• Registered Respiratory Therapist
• Preferred Certifications/Licenses:
• Neonatal Resuscitation Program
• Good verbal communications
• Good interpersonal skills
• Computer experience
Why Texas Health Resources?
At Texas Health Denton we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 255-bed, full-service hospital serving our community since 1987. Our central location provides convenient care to people in the DFW Metroplex and all across North Texas and Oklahoma. With more than 1,000 employees and 350+ physicians on our medical staff we are one of Denton County’s largest employers.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.