Texas Health Resources Sterile Processing Tech PRN in Denton, Texas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is seeking a Sterile Processing Tech for PRN (as needed) employment.
Work Hours/Schedule: Variable
Minimum education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Minimum experience: One year experience Preferred
Minimum certification: BLS, Central Sterile Certification Preferred
Minimum skills: Knowledge of infection control/asepsis, sterilization process to include steam and chemical, instrumentation, ability to monitor schedule and coordinate instrument technician
• Demonstrates proper assembly technique for instrument trays.
• Demonstrates wrapping/containing of instruments/tray.
• Demonstrates decontamination process according to policy and procedure.
o Cleaning of instruments manually
o Using automated cleaners
? Ultrasonic washer
? Instrument washer
? Cart washer
• Performs tests and documents as directed to ensure proper operation of washers and Emergency Eyewash and Shower
• Demonstrates the proper loading technique for sterilization method.
• Demonstrates procedure requirements needed to complete prior to sterilization operation.
• Operates sterilizer according to the manufacturer’s instructions and the department’s policy.
• Demonstrates procedure for removal of items following sterilization.
• Demonstrates monitoring procedures.
• Scan and deliver item to the proper storage place
• Effectively utilizes infection control concepts.
• Effectively handles all chemical and cleaning agents used for cleaning, decontamination and sterilization of
instruments and equipment.
• Describes what to do in the event of a chemical spill or related injury.
• Demonstrates safety precautions when operating washers and sterilizers.
• Follows safe lifting techniques as well as proper techniques for handling instruments
• Demonstrates processing and distribution of special medical emergency carts, and Urology carts
• Assists Service Window customers according to established guidelines.
• Monitors supplies as necessary.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.