Texas Health Resources Surgical Associate in Denton, Texas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is seeking a Surgical Associate to work Full-Time in the Surgery department.
3pm - 11pm, Monday thru Friday with call required
Required Minimum Education:
High School Diploma/GED
Required Minimum Experience:
Previous patient care experience preferred.
*Housekeeping / Environmental Services experience highly preferred.
Read, write and speak English; Able to stand/walk for majority of hours of their work shift; Easily move heavy equipment & supplies ( up to 250 lbs on wheels) without endangering themselves or others.
Completes routine stocking chores:
• Restocks warmer with blankets and saline
• Changes sharps containers
• Stocks linen, and bags for trash and linen, as well as red bags
• Stocks Expose II
• Ensures two armboards and safety strap available for case
• Stocks and replaces suction liners
• Stocks sterile towels in cores
• Stocks masks and OR room gels and sanitizers
• Empties soiled linen carts to linen chute
Assists in moving patients to and from the operating room suites.
• Follows patient identification requirements.
• Maintains patient dignity and confidentiality.
• Communicates appropriately with patients and families.
• Observes safety procedures in moving patients.
• Helps with patient positioning
• Demonstrates basic understanding of asepsis
• Decontaminates beds and stretchers between uses
• Makes up beds and stretchers
Assists in room cleanup before and/or after surgery.
• Disposes of hazardous waste appropriately.
• Uses personal protective gear as required.
• Follows procedure for cleaning of operating rooms and equipment.
• Transports instruments to decontamination areas according to procedure.
• Puts equipment and supplies away in appropriate place.
• Restocks items
Other duties as assigned
• Follows directions of circulating nurse in obtaining equipment, instruments and supplies as requested.
• Answers call from Surgery Control Desk without delay
• Acts as team member
KEYWORDS: "Surgical Associate", "PRN", "Environmental Services", "Housekeeping", "Transport", "OR", Texas Health", "Denton", "Texas Health
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.