Texas Health Resources THDN - RN/Registered Nurse, Labor & Delivery, Full-time, Nights in Denton, Texas
The Center for Women at Texas Health Denton seeks to hire an experienced Labor & Delivery RN to work full-time. Texas Health Denton received the Pathway to Excellence designation and the women’s services department is expanding in 2021.
The address is 207 N. Bonnie Brae Street, Denton, TX 76201.
Salary range is Minimum $26.50/hr to Maximum $50.82/hr – based on relevant RN experience
• Full-time: Night shift 6:45PM-7:15AM. (3) 12-hour shifts/week, Rotating weekends and holidays. Self-scheduling.
• The Center for Women at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a baby- friendly and Texas 10-step facility with the “Best Place to Have a Baby” designation.
• Texas Health Denton has Denton’s only Emergency Room equipped to handle obstetrics patients, along with Denton’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
• 11-bed LDR's and 2 OR suites
• 2-bed recovery rooms
• 6-bed Antepartum rooms
• 4-bay OB/ED
• 20-bed Postpartum/Newborn, Couplet care
• Level III Neonatal ICU expanded to 16-bed private rooms
• The deliveries average between 200-225 deliveries per month.
• OB Hospitalist 24/7
• Responsible and accountable for high quality patient care through implementation of the nursing process including assessment of patient needs (physical, psychosocial, educational), design of a collaborative plan of care, implementation of the plan with appropriate delegation of tasks, coordination of team effort, and evaluation of patient progress towards outcomes.
• Acts as a patient/family advocate and seeks opportunities to communicate and coordinate patient care activities
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate’s degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) is required
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) is preferred – Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required.
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN) or completion of an RN Residency program required. (More than 2 years Labor & Delivery RN experience from an acute care facility strongly preferred)
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support certification through the American Heart Association required upon hire
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 6 months is required
• NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 90 days is required
• IFM – Intermediate Fetal Monitoring within 12 months is required
• STABLE program certification within 6 months required
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Basic computer skills - computerized charting - use EPIC/Care Connect preferred
• Critical thinking skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills and service excellence skills are also essential attributes for this position.
• Triage, labor, deliver, circulate, recover and monitor patients are preferred skills.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (6 th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.