Texas Health Resources Admissions Specialist (PRN) in Flower Mound, Texas
Admissions Specialist I (PRN)
Texas Health Flower Mound is looking for a PRN Admission Specialist to join the team. Is that you?
Work location: Texas Health Flower Mound, 4400 Long Prairie Road, Flower Mound, TX 75032
Work hours: PRN Day, nights, weekends, and holidays 12-hr shifts.
• Highly engaged small team of professionals who depend on each other to get the job done.
• Diverse team who understands how their differences make the team stronger.
Here’s What You Need
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent required
• 1 year of Customer Service experience required.
• Required to work at least 2 Saturdays or Sundays a month, as well as 2 major and 2 minor holidays a month.
• CHAA - Certified Healthcare Access Associate upon hire preferred and
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 90 days required.
What You Will Do
· Accurately gathers complete financial and demographic information to ensure medical records/billing process flows efficiently.
· Obtains and/or updates verification of benefits and/or pre-certification for applicable tests and/or procedures.
· Prepares, presents, and thoroughly explains applicable legal, ethical, and compliance documents; ensures proper consents are signed by the appropriate parties. Maintains documentation of the same.
· Maximizes reimbursement for services rendered by appropriately identifying insurance carrier, benefits, etc. Prevents denials by ensuring timely notification of admission to insurance carriers.
· Assists patients in understanding financial obligations; collects co-payments, self-pay deposits, and patient balances to reduce Accounts Receivable.
· Stays abreast of and complies with applicable regulations, entity and/or system policies and procedures. Maintains customer service and/or productivity guidelines set forth by applicable leadership.
· Completes other duties as assigned.
Additional perks of being a Texas Health employee
• Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Program as well as several other benefits.
• A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
• Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.