Texas Health Resources Patient Care Technician in Flower Mound, Texas
Patient Care Technician – Med Surg
Texas Health Flower Mound’s Med Surg Unit is looking for a PRN PCT to join the team. Is that you?
Work location: Texas Health Flower Mound, 4400 Long Prairie Road, Flower Mound, TX 75028
Work hours: PRN 7am-7pm
Here’s What You Need
· H.S. Diploma or Equivalent required.
· 1 year of experience as a PCT preferred.
· PCT Training Program TX CNA, NHA, NAHP, NCCT, accredited community college program or a THR approved program. Not required to maintain certification when applicable after hire required upon hired or
· EMT - Emergency Medical Technician Military experience with medical training equivalent (Equivalent to EMT-B) required upon hired or
· Nursing student who has completed fundamentals or foreign nurse degree program or
· 1 year of applicable experience in lieu of an active and approved certification. Or
· BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly required.
What You Will Do
CARE OF PATIENT/TECHNICAL SKILLS:
· Aids patient according to plan of care.
· Collects patient data, identifies, and reports significant findings to nurse.
· Assists in admission/transfer/discharge.
· Provides and Revises patient activities of daily living based on patient/family preferences.
· Performs technical procedures safely and proficiently.
· Takes action to reduce or eliminate patient risk.
· Enters orders into computer or manual system if applicable.
· Documents accurately and appropriately.
· In collaboration/consultation with the nurse, adapts care to reflect patient population.
· In collaboration/consultation with nurse, incorporates cultural/religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
· Keeps patient environment clean and maintains safe environment.
· Anticipates patient/family and visitor needs and takes action to meet those needs and rounds as appropriate
· Uses Professional Practice Model philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers and all other disciplines.
· Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changes in schedule and/or workload assignment necessary to meet changing needs of the individual patient or unit.
· Makes new team members feel welcome and offers assistance with orientation of new employees.
· Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills and communication with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, all disciplines and other customers.
· Organizes workload and effectively collaborates with nursing to prioritize care.
· Maintains and enhances patient care skills.
· Seeks assistance and supervision when performing unfamiliar tasks.
· Serves as a patient advocate.
· Complies with personnel policies.
· Communicates per department expectations.
· Recognizes and promptly communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
QUALITY AND SAFETY:
· Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve them.
· Participates in the process improvement activities within the department/hospital.
· Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals
Additional perks of being a Texas Health employee
· Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Program as well as several other benefits.
· A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
· Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.