Texas Health Resources Cardiac Sonographer in Fort Worth, Texas
Cardiac Sonographer PRN
Noninvasive Cardiology department is looking for top skilled Cardiac Sonographers. Is that you?
Work location: Texas Health Alliance, 10864 Texas Health Trail Fort Worth, TX 76244
Work hours: PRN (As Needed) Rotating Shifts
Team based environment
Workplace culture 2 nd to none
Fast paced department averaging 200 patients/day (radiology as a whole)
Full service department includes CT, Nuclear Medicine, Xray (portables, Fluoro, Surgery), Ultrasound, MRI, Echo, Mammo
We operate on Lean principles and rely heavily on a team atmosphere and individual performance
Highly engaged Radiology management
Here’s What You Need
High School Diploma or Equivalent required
Associate's Degree Graduate of an accredited school of ultrasound technology preferred
1 year experience preferably in a hospital setting preferred
Pediatric echo experience is preferred
Licenses and Certifications
RDCS- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer upon hire required Or
RCS - Registered Cardiac Sonographer upon hire required And
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly required
What You Will Do
Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing
• Explains procedures to patient or guardian/family member if applicable prior to exam
• Positions patient to correct anatomical area of interest
• Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations.
• Adjusts techniques parameters appropriately for age related factor.
• Assists cardiologist with TEE procedures, Stress Echos, and other complex procedures using appropriate techniques.
• Assesses and recognizes the patient’s emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial conditions.
• Prepares room for examination (i.e., suction, oxygen, supplies).
• Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time out procedures
• Greets and acknowledges patients using two forms of ID
• Obtains patient history
Equipment Operation and Maintenance
• Adjusts technical factors
• Operates, cares for and maintains equipment
• Applies knowledge of physics and accessories
• Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction
• Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards
Professional Accountability and Partnership
• Maintains and enhances technical skills and technology advancement
• Attends departmental continuing education, meetings and checks email
• Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement
• Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary
• Performs assignments deemed necessary by supervisor.
Additional perks of being a Cardiac Sonographer
You’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make us a great place to work.
A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org #LI-TC2
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.