Texas Health Resources Certified Sterile Processing Tech -12:30pm to 11:00pm – Clearfork in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Clearfork seeks to hire a Certified Sterile Processing Tech for full-time employment.
The address is 5400 Clearfork Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76109.
Salary: min $15.88 – max $25.28, based on relevant work experience.
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Evening Shift: 12:30 PM – 11:00PM
Four shifts per week
Texas Health Clearfork, a tower of Texas Health Southwest is located off the Chisolm Trail Parkway in southwest Fort Work. Texas Health Clearfork’s focus is on orthopedics, total hip and knee replacements, complex joint revision surgeries, foot/ankle and some sports medicine. Physicians on the medical staff use advanced surgical techniques including the MAKO robot. The essential duties of this position are:
• Collect, decontaminate, assemble, sterilize and disperse instrument trays, instruments and supplies
• Run appropriate tests and complete required documentation on all sterilizers and flash machines daily
• Produce accurate, complete and clean instrument trays.
• Interdisciplinary Collaboration and Teamwork
• Leads and models interdisciplinary collaboration, including physicians and external customers.
• Promotes and mentors effective first party communication among staff, physicians, internal and external customers
• Champions and assists Dept. leadership in holding staff accountable for implementation of TeamSTEPPS
• Assists with coordination of staffing and staff assignments.
• Schedules meetings, coordinates agendas and takes minutes at departmental business meetings.
• Facilitates staff development in the area of process improvement
• Mentors and supports staff in integrating evidence based practice/research findings into policy & practice guidelines
• Formal and informal teaching and evaluation to strengthen core competencies of team members and self.
• Communicates opportunities for staff development to leadership.
• Process Improvement within Sterile Processing Unit
• Take action to improve processes to reduce ineffectiveness and cost
• Partner with sterile processing leadership to achieve key performance indicators
• Assumes responsibility and participates in projects
• Assists with Sterile Processing staff meetings as needed
• Champions actions to reduce/eliminate patient risks.
• Ensures compliance with sterile processing standards (AAMI).
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent Req
• At least one year of Sterile Processing hospital experience preferred
• CSPDT - Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician Upon Hire Required Or
CBSPD - Certification Board for Sterile Processing & Distribution Upon Hire Required Or
CRCST - Certified Registered Central Service Technician Upon Hire Required
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
• Knowledge of basic inventory control concepts. Follow guidelines for use of Personal Protective Equipment including goggles, face shield, gown, gloves, and shoe covers. Good organization, communication, and time management skills. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English instructions, safety rules and guidelines. Basic computer proficiency.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Clearfork is a 54-bed Orthopedic Center of Excellence facility that includes surgical and imaging services, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, & beautiful views of the Trinity River. Texas Health Clearfork is considered a Tower of Texas Health Southwest, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (#1)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A 2020 “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Companies that Care list by People magazine and Great Place to Work®
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.