Texas Health Resources Certified Sterile Processing Tech - Evenings; 2:30pm to 11:00pm - Central Sterile - Southwest Fort Worth in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Southwest Fort Worth seeks to hire a Certified Sterile Processing Tech for full time employment.
The address is 6100 Harris Parkway, Fort Worth, TX 76132.
Salary: Min $16.09 – Max $25.28, based on relevant work experience.
Full Time; 40 Hours (4 shifts)
Evening Shift; 2:30pm to 11:00pm
Call required; Response within 30 minutes
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Performs scanning of instrument trays for location and creation of count sheet/label.
• Demonstrates proper assembly technique for instrument trays.
• Demonstrates wrapping/containing of instruments/tray.
• Performs scanning of instrument trays to track location using the SPM system.
• Demonstrates decontamination process according to policy and procedure. Cleaning of instruments manually Using automated cleaners
• Performs tests and documents as directed to ensure proper operation of washers and Emergency Eyewash and Shower
• Demonstrates the proper loading technique for sterilization method.
• Scans prepared items into correct sterilizer load.
• Demonstrates procedure requirements needed to complete prior to sterilization operation.
• Operates sterilizer according to the manufacturer’s instructions and the department’s policy.
• Demonstrates procedure for removal of items following sterilization.
• Demonstrates monitoring procedures.
• Scan and deliver item to the proper storage place
• Effectively utilizes infection control concepts.
• Effectively handles all chemical and cleaning agents used for cleaning, decontamination and sterilization of instruments and equipment.
• Describes what to do in the event of a chemical spill or related injury.
• Demonstrates safety precautions when operating washers and sterilizers.
• Follows safe lifting techniques as well as proper techniques for handling instruments
• Demonstrates processing and distribution of special medical emergency carts, and Urology carts
• Assists Service Window customers according to established guidelines.
• Monitors supplies as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• CSPDT - Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician required or
• CBSPD - Certification Board for Sterile Processing & Distribution required or
• CRCST - Certified Registered Central Service Technician required
• At least 1 year of sterile processing hospital experience preferred
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
• Detail oriented
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (#1)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A 2020 “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2020 "Top 100 Places to Work" by the Dallas Morning News
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women™ 2020
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.