Texas Health Resources Certified Sterile Processing Technician in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is seeking a Sterile Processing Tech to work Full Time.
Work Hours/Schedule: 2:30pm to 11:00pm Monday through Friday, some weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) year of experience preferred
- CSPDT - Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician upon hire required
Knowledge of basic inventory control concepts. Follow guidelines for use of Personal Protective Equipment including goggles, face shield, gown, gloves, and shoe covers. Good organization, communication, and time management skills. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English instructions, safety rules and guidelines. Basic computer proficiency.
• Practice reflects current methodology in sterile processing supported by current research (AAMI).
• Inspects all instrument for cleanliness and decontamination.
• Properly load and operate washers and sterilizers.
• Participates in performance improvement activities.
• Follows personal protection and infection control guidelines.
• Produce accurate, complete and clean instrument trays.
• Quality controls completed as required
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.