Texas Health Resources Certified Surgical Tech - 6:30pm-6:30am - Labor & Delivery - New Grads Welcome To Apply in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Fort Worth is seeking to hire a Certified Surgical Tech to join in the Labor & Delivery Team.
New Grads Welcome To Apply
The address is 1301 Pennsylvania Ave TX 76104
Salary range is Min. $21.55/hr to Max. $36.71/hr – based on relevant experience.
• Full Time: 36 hours per week, 6:30pm-7:00am
*Voted by Fort Worth Child Magazine as the "Best Place to Have a Baby in Fort Worth"*
As a Certified Surgical Tech with Texas Health Fort Worth you will assist in one of our uniquely designed and soothing private maternity suites located in the Helen McKee Ryan Birthing Center. The center features: 17 uniquely designed and comforting private maternity suites, 1 suite equipped with a tub for laboring in water and 3 cesarean birth suites.
The essential duties of this position are:
• Intra-operatively displays skills and behavior conducive to desirable outcome.
• Nursing Process: Assists in providing Peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, and Adults.
• Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
• Professional accountability: Assists as needed in coordinating patient care Peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
• Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
• Infection Control: Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
• Safety: Assists in delivering care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
• Continuous Improvement: Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service and cost effectiveness.
• Age Specific Care: Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older adult.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent and was employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology.
• Experienced Certified Surgical Tech or New Grad Certified Surgical Tech preferred.
• Labor & Delivery experience highly preferred.
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program OR employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR CST - Certified Surgical Technologies graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology within 2 Years OR LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse Upon Hire
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 Fortune's list of Best Workplaces in Health Care (#1)
• 2020 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020 (#15) (6 th year in a row)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.