Texas Health Resources CMA/ Certified Medical Assistant Float in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Certified Medical Assistant Float to work Full Time.
The position requires travel to Consultants in Cardiology, Texas Health Vascular Surgical Specialist – Ft. Worth, Texas Health Vascular Surgical Specialist – Arlington
Salary range is Min. $15.75/hr to Max. $22.69/hr – based on relevant experience
• Monday – Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Under the direction of the health care provider, is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well being of all patients. Accurately preforms preliminary physical tests such as: measuring blood pressure, recording weight, temperature, pulse and respiration and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols..
• Performs general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
• Greets and prepares patients for the health care provider.
• Obtains and records vital signs including, but not limited to: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
• Administers ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
• May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis as well as perform routine tests such as EKGs.
• Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Documents patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
• Prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments and maintains equipment, disposing of contaminated items according to protocol. Keeps patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly.
• Escalates non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
• Ensures safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
• Provides for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
• May work in the front office as needed, as well as perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, more senior staff, or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent required
• 1 Year Medical Assistant experience within the last three years required
• CMA – Certified Medical Assistant upon hire required and
• ACLS- Advanced Cardiac Life Support upon hire preferred or
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire preferred
• NCT – Non- Certified Radiologic Technician training may be required (upon hire preferred)
• Ability to perform EKGs, draw blood, and administer injections as needed by assigned clinic.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrated knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Demonstrated sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.