Texas Health Resources Cook- Full Time- Rotating AM/PM Shifts- Alliance- GREAT BENEFITS in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Alliance
*Full Time, Rotating Shifts, 40 hours*
Are you looking for a rewarding career with GREAT BENEFITS in an award-winning healthcare system? We’re looking for a qualified Line Cook like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Alliance 10864 Texas Health Trail TX 76244
Work Environment: Food & Nutrition Services
Work hours: Full Time (40 hours), Rotating AM/PM shifts & weekends/holidays
Salary range: $15.36/hr. Min. to $21.47/hr (based on relevant experience)
At Texas Health Alliance we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 151-bed, full-service hospital serving our community since 2012. Our location in North Fort Worth provides convenient care to people in North Fort Worth, Keller, North Richland Hills, Haslet, Roanoke and surrounding areas.
High School Diploma or Equivalent is preferred
Two (2) years relevant experience in high volume restaurant, hospital or institution required.
FHC – Food Handlers Certificate within 30 days of hire required Position Responsibilities
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Line Cook will
• Responsible for all areas of production, including broth hot and cold production
• Understands how to read and prepare simple or complex recipes to department standards.
• Demonstrate ability to adjust recipes for quantity.
• Produce high quality products; utilize creativity and training in producing food items that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing.
• Understand department standards of food quality and recipe taste.
• Taste food prepared to verify flavor and texture standards.
• Demonstrates creativity in food presentation in both bulk service and individual plating.
• Suggest menu or recipe changes so food will be used before expiration dates.
• Demonstrate judgment and creativity in food utilization.
• Understands menus and recipes.
• Organizes work for maximum productivity; accurately reads, follows, understands production sheets, and avoids over production.
• Labels and dates foods according to HACCP standards.
• Ability to learn HACCP sanitation guidelines and follow for safe food handling.
• Knows and performs proper procedure for taking and recording temperatures of food items, both raw and cooked and refrigerated units.
• Demonstrates and performs procedures when temperatures are inadequate according to standards.
• Understands the FIFO system of food production.
• Ability to follow/learn OSHA safety guidelines and safe knife skills.
• Employee maintains kitchen an serving areas in a clean, neat and orderly manner to exceed both department and TDH sanitation standards in both department sanitation and personal hygiene.
• Follows “clean as you go” as well as proper hand hygiene.
• Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
Why Texas Health
As a Texas Health Line Cook you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THR a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.