Texas Health Resources Cytology Tech in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is seeking a Cytology Technician for their laboratory.
• Monday - Friday, with variable/rotating shifts
Required Minimum Education:
• Associates Degree prior to 1988 or Bachelor’s Degree post 1988 required
• Completion of training from an approved school Cytotechnology required
Required Minimum Experience:
• 3 years of Cytology experience including 1 year in a hospital setting preferred
• Preferred: Proficient in reading both Non-Gynecological and FNA Cytology cases. FNA experience preferred, but not required.
• Cytology technical screening and processing skills, communication, computer
• CT(ASCP) – Cytotechnologist, or SCT(ASCP) - Specialist in Cytotechnology or CT(IAC) – Cytotechnologist
• Microscopic examination of prepared routine Gyn and Non-Gyn cytology for detection, identification, and documentation of evidence or absence of cancer cells or its precursors and/or any other condition pathological, or not, requiring documentation
• Specimen Processing. This includes all phases of Gyn and Non-Gyn processing from initial accessioning, computer order entry, raw specimen to slide processing, staining, cover slipping and reflex testing specimen preparation. Allsteps in processing must include specimen/patient identification integrity. Stain/Equipment maintenance. This includes monitoring, replenishing or replacing stains and reagents as needed to obtain an optimal stain on the slides. The equipment must be monitored on a regular basis and any faulty equipment must be reported immediately so that measures can be taken to make repairs in order to reduce any delays in processing.
• Assists in obtaining fine needle aspiration biopsies and preparing and staining slides for rapid assessment by the pathologist. Job description includes final processing of any needle aspirates whether or not providing assistance and screening of the case before giving the case to the pathologist for final reporting. In addition this job requires communicating with the physician's office staff, the hospital admissions’ staff, radiology, endoscopy department staff, and other staff members outside of this department. This job requires good communication and documentation skills.
• Maintains knowledge of computer software applications, and uses computer applications competently as related to the specific task required for each assigned job responsibility.
• Maintains a working knowledge of continuous improvement and applies concepts and processes to the satisfaction of all accrediting agency requirements for the assigned section/cost center.
• Complies with all regulatory requirements for safety, infection control, ethical behavior guidelines and billing compliance. Complies with laboratory and section/cost center guidelines, procedures and policies. Complies with entity and system policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Helps maintain correlations for cell block to cytology preparation
• Helps maintain safety and CAP regulation requirements throughout the lab processes
• Attends and reports on lab partnership meetings
• Helps maintain slide files
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.