Texas Health Resources EKG Technician - PT Days in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Forth Worth seeks to hire a part time EKG Tech for their Cardiac Diagnostic Department.
The address is 1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76104
Salary: Min $15.06 – Max $23.11, based on relevant work experience.
Part Time: 24 hours per week
Day Shift: 6:30 AM - 7:00 PM
• Ensure the continuity of patient care using communication tools and EMR (Care Connect).
• Ensure room is in order and ready for use to reduce patient risk, ensure patient safety and to present a professional environment.
• Ensure patient readiness for procedure.
• Provide psychosocial care of the patient, making adaptations as need to meet the age specific needs for body image, relationships and communication styles.
• Performs EKG per department procedures and follows guidelines for equipment operation and maintenance.
• Provide quality care to patient population and excellent customer service.
• Demonstrates professionalism and adheres to business etiquette when interacting with customers and peers.
• Adherence to Scheduling and Test documentation process in Electronic Health Record.
• Performs dictation in MUSE system as needed; Performs MUSE EKG process for newly acquired EKG's and hand dictated EKG’s for future discrepancies in interpretation as needed
• Assist with collection, processing, and posting of information as needed for Performance Improvement project(s) or other duties as assigned by leadership.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• 1 Year in health care environment involving direct patient care
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire And
CCT - Certified Cardiographic Technician 6 Months preferred Or
NCET - ECG Technician 6 Months preferred
• ECG monitoring and knowledge of ECGs; computer skills; communication skills; high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.