Texas Health Resources Food Service Worker II - Part Time in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Fort Worth seeks to hire a Food Service Worker II/Dishwasher and join the Food Nutrition Services Team!
The address is 1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76104
Salary Range is Min. $11.08/hr to Max. $16.87/hr - Based on relevant experience
• Part Time – 24 hours
• 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
• 10:00 am – 6:30 pm
• 11:00 am – 7:30 pm
• Must be available for various shifts
• Rotating weekends and holidays
• Serves food on the cafeteria and patient tray lines, utilizing good customer skills when serving patrons.
• Assembles, deliver and retrieves patient trays.
• Documents food deliver times and food tallies; performs other simple record keeping, i.e. temperature checks on equipment and food.
• Reports variances from standards to supervisor.
• Performs simple food assembly such as preparing salads, portioning and garnishing foods according to instruction.
• Cleans and sanitizes equipment, wares, walls, and floors routinely.
• Washes and sanitizes dishes, pots and pans as well as all cooking utensils an cooking equipment, according to department standards and procedures.
• Labels and dates food according to HACCP standards.
• Ability to learn HACCP sanitation guidelines and follow for safe food handling.
• Knows and performs proper procedure for taking and recording temperatures of food items, both raw and cooked and refrigerated units.
• Demonstrates and performs procedures when temperatures are inadequate according to standards.
• Understands and utilizes the FIFO system of food production.
• Ability to follow/learn OSHA safety guidelines.
• Collects and delivers floor stock utilizing FIFO, delivers between meal nourishments and late trays according to departmental standards.
• Maintains assigned areas and equipment in safe, clean, neat, and orderly manner to meet/exceed both department and TDH sanitation standards in both department sanitation and personal hygiene.
• Disposes of trash and garbage according to standards and procedures.
• Follow “clean as you go” as well as proper hand hygiene.
• Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent required
• Or contingent upon enrollment in High School or GED program with the requirement to graduate from the program within 1 year of hire required
• No experience needed.
• Dishwashing and experience in the Food Service Industry helpful.
• FHC – Food Handlers Certificate within 30 days of hire required
• Reading, basic math, written language in English.
• Cooperative, discreet, and courteous.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Positive customer service attributes.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
Why Texas Health Resources?
• Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Be sure to click on the links below for an introduction to THR Food Nutrition Services as well as what former and current employees are saying about THR!
Front of the House: https://youtu.be/YBua-rauWJQ
Back of the House : https://youtu.be/sP0zw_0du5I
For a complete list of Texas Health's Awards & Recognitions click on the link below.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.