Texas Health Resources Graduate Nurse Residency (RN) February 2021-Surgical PCU-Fort Worth in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Fort Worth seeks to hire a Graduate Nurse for the February 2021 Residency.
The address is 1301 Pennsylvania Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76104
• Hours/Schedule: Full-time, (3)-12 hour shifts; Rotating weekends, Holidays, and on call shifts required
The Texas Health Nurse Residency Program is a comprehensive, evidence based on-boarding program with a 2-year employment commitment that offers new graduate nurses an exciting opportunity to gain the experience, judgment, skills and confidence to successfully navigate the complexity of hospital life.
Integrated into a Hospital’s education structure, the Texas Health Nurse Residency Program includes a guided clinical experience with an instructor-led core curriculum, a formal mentoring program, informative debriefing/self-care sessions and supportive 360-degree evaluations. Residents not only participate in the learning experience on their personally selected home units, they also rotate through other departments to gain an expanded nursing experience vital to the complex patient care.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• ADN (Associates Nursing Degree) is required upon hire; BSN preferred
• Graduated within the last 12 months preferred
• Less than one year experience at the time the residency begins preferred
• Have not previously completed a THR nursing residency preferred
• Enrolled or completed a DEU with THR preferred
• Current RN licensure (Texas or Compact State). Boards MUST be passed and results verified by noon the Wednesday prior to start date.
• Current BCLS required upon hire and
• ACLS within 90 days of hire required for Labor & Delivery, Telemetry Neighborhood, Emergency Neighborhood, ICU/PCU Neighborhood and
• CPI within 60 days of hire required for Telemetry Neighborhood, Emergency Neighborhood, ICU/PCU Neighborhood, MedSurg Neighborhood & Neuro Neighborhood and
• PALS within 90 days of hire required for ED Neighborhood and Surgery Ambulatory and
• TNCC within 12 months of hire required for ED Neighborhood and ICU Trauma or
• ATCN within 12 months of hire Required for ED Neighborhood and ICU Trauma and
• NIHSS within 6 months of hire required for ICU Neuro and
• NRP within 90 days of hire required for Woman’s Neighborhood
• RNs hired within THR after December, 2016 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date required.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Please provide the following during the application:
• Official nursing school transcript (Unofficial transcript accepted until official is available)
• Exemplar/Essay: In one-to-two pages, tell the story of a clinical situation that was especially meaningful to you as a student nurse and that has helped you shape your practice today
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.