Texas Health Resources LIS Administrator in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth seeks to hire a LIS Administrator to work as needed in their laboratory.
The address is 1401 Pennsylvania Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76104.
Salary range is Minimum $31.24/hr. to Maximum $49.18/hr. – based on relevant experience
Full Time; 1 st Shift
Monday – Friday; 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Technical Operations - Hardware
- Responsible for coordinating products, operations and maintenance related local hardware in the laboratory and on the units.
Technical operations - Software
- Responsible for providing local HIS and LIS technical expertise to the laboratory and to the other THR laboratories as requested. This includes working with section, hospital and system personnel to achieve systems and processes that provides the functionality needed to meet the need for accurate and timely laboratory data for THR patient.
Strategic Planning and Projects
- Participate in discussions and evaluation of testing, implementation, maintenance, trouble shooting and validation for all new and proposed interfaces, foreign system applications and products.
- Coordinates resolution of issues and requested changes related to the Laboratory and Outreach operations with the THR LIS Support Team, the Epic (CareConnect) Support Team and various product vendors as needed.
Information Systems Communications
Safety and Compliance
- Responsible for the documentation of the system in compliance with regulatory requirements from accrediting agencies such as CAP, CLIA and Joint Commission.
- Actively participates in the laboratory budget process related to software license and maintenance costs, hardware costs and maintenance, and prepares any CERs required for funding LIS initiatives that must be financed at the local level.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Information Technology, or Applied Science required
3 years LIS or IT experience required
Cerner experience a plus
MLT (ASCP) – Medical Lab Technician required upon hire Or
MLS (ASCP) – Medical Lab Scientist required upon hire
Knowledge of CAP, JCAHO and other regulatory standards.
Knowledge of continuous improvement, PC skills are mandatory, database building and maintenance skills preferred.
Oral and written communication skills required.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights:
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020 (#15) (6th year in a row)
Fortune's list of Best Workplaces in Health Care (#1)
Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.