Texas Health Resources Medical Office Clinical Receptionist (CMA or LVN Required) in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Medical Office Clinical Receptionist to work Full Time at Texas Health Adult Care.
The address is 3455 Locke Ave. Suite 315 Fort Worth, TX 76107
Salary range is Min. $13.37/hr. to Max. $21.00/hr. – based on relevant experience
Monday through Thursday 7:45am – 5:00pm and Friday 7:45am – 3:45pm
Under direct supervision, the Receptionist is responsible for performing a variety of general administrative support duties associated with the patient intake process and performs routine duties within the clinic. May work in back office as needed.
• Performs patient check-in at the time of visit and completes all paperwork necessary to ensure the admitting process is efficient and all clinic and regulatory policies are in compliance.
• Answers phone calls and directs them appropriately.
• Schedules appointments according to office guideline.
• Obtains accurate patient and insurance information, collecting copays and deductible amounts.
• Copies/scans patient access related hard copy materials (e.g. ID, referrals, insurance cards, etc.) into the correct location in the electronic medical record.
• Prepares charts for patient appointments making sure all necessary information is complete.
• Conducts all functions associated with patient check-out including pricing services, collecting patient responsibility payments and scheduling follow-u p appointments.
• Performs duties involving record filing and retrieval and assisting with the filing of registration documentation in electronic medical records.
• Confirms next day appointments and alerts patients as to what documentation is needed, including details associated with time-of-service payment.
• Follows up with patients regarding the Missed Appointment Policy and sends out the appropriate communications.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• May be asked to function as a Medical Assistant which includes but is not limited to:
• Draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis, administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration, and perform routine tests such as EKG's.
• Document plan of care, tests and examination results.
• Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment, disposing of contaminated items according to protocol.
• Keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• 6 months of CMA or LVN experience is Strongly Preferred.
• Current Medical Assistant Certification OR Licensed Vocational Nurse is Required
• Knowledge of insurance authorization/billing requirements.
• Demonstrated strong customer service and communication skills.
• Organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Knowledge of clinic procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• A team player who handles multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 "Best Workplaces for Women" by Great Place to Work®
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.