Texas Health Resources MLS PRN in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is seeking a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) PRN for their Microbiology laboratory.
• PRN "As needed"
• Primary hours needed are 1st shift 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM, rotating weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Required Minimum Education:
• Bachelor Degree for a MLS (or attained within 3 months of hire).
• Preferred: Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Applied Technology, Clinical Lab Science or Chemical, Physical or Biological Science preferred (proof required). Individuals hired as a CLS II prior to January 3, 2010 will be grandfathered to the MLS position with existing education.
Required Minimum Experience:
• Internship in an approved Medical Technology training program required
• Preferred: 2 years’ experience in a Medical Laboratory
• Previous culture interpretation experience preferred
• MT (ASCP), MLS (ASCP) OR equivalent (AMT, AAB, HHS, NCA, HEW, CLS- CA, FL, NY state license, Philippine Board of Technical Technology) OR ASCP specialty certification for specific discipline
• Registry must be passed within 3 months of hire date
• Preferred: MT (ASCP), MLS (ASCP)
Required skills (if applicable):
• Strong positive interpersonal skills
• Ability to read, write and speak English clearly
• Problem solving ability, time management skills
• Possess organizational skills to function successfully in a fast paced work environment
• Computer literate
Job Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
• Specimen Integrity
• Laboratory Operations
• Professional Accountability
• Test Procedures
• Quality Control/Documentation
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.