Texas Health Resources Nursing Supervisor Cardiac Cath Lab in Fort Worth, Texas
Nursing Supervisor (RN) – Cardiac Cath Lab – Full-time, Days
Progressive Cardiac Cath Lab department is looking for a top skilled nurse for their Nursing Supervisor role. Is that you?
Work location: Texas Health Fort Worth, 1304 Pennsylvania Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76104
Work hours: Full-time, 40 hours weekly, some holidays and on-call required (Call Team is a 4-member Call Team)
Cath lab department with 6 Suites/Treatment rooms averaging 20 cases per day
We are open 24/7 Monday through Friday and have after hour, holidays, and weekend on-call requirements (with 30 min distance response time).
Level I Trauma Center
Primary Heart Attack Center PHAC
The department prides itself in high performing staff with excellent critical thinking skills
Opportunities for educational and career growth
Robust Unit Based Council (UBC) and engaged leadership team
High volume department
Here’s What You Need
Associate Degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred
CLIAFE – Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency required
Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
BCLS – prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly
ACLS – within 90 days of hire required
2-years’ experience as a clinical nurse with previous experience as a charge nurse or similar leadership role (i.e. Charge nurse, committee chair, preceptor) required
Current Cath Lab/ EP Lab experience
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful RN will
demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
maintain a positive, customer-focused attitude toward patients
possess a strong work ethic and always display a high level of professionalism
have basic computer skills using medical management application systems
What You Will Do
• Provides bedside leadership and clinical expertise to improve quality of patient care
• Responsible for assisting the manager/director with human resource management to include Evaluations, coaching, mentoring, recruitment, retention, education and orientation.
• Works with manager/director to control costs and manage department budget and productivity.
• Fosters an environment to promote patient and family centered care through purposeful hourly rounding, bedside shift report, updated care boards, and leader rounds.
• Collaborates with physicians and other members of the healthcare team to promote safe individualized care as well as promoting accountability in enhancing the patient experience.
• Assimilates leadership responsibilities on the unit and throughout the entity and/or system.
• Commits to autonomous maintenance and continuous improvement of competence and serves as a role model to other healthcare team members
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, student Loan forgiveness as well as several other benefits.
Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.