Texas Health Resources Nursing Supervisor, GYN/Antepartum/Women's Services, Full-time, 6:30AM-7PM in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Ft. Worth seeks to hire an experienced Women’s Services Nursing Supervisor to work Full-time. This is a newly created 27-bed unit combining High Risk Antepartum and GYN patients.
The address is 1301 Pennsylvania, Ft. Worth, TX 76104.
Salary range is Minimum $38.42/hr to Maximum $58.28/hr – based on relevant RN experience
• Full time: Day shift 6:30AM-7:00PM. (3) 12-hour shifts/week with office hours included. Some possible weekends and holidays. Self-scheduling.
• The Women’s Center at Texas Health Ft. Worth is a MAGNET and Baby-friendly designated facility.
• 27-bed unit combining High Risk Antepartum, GYN, Breast surgery and Postpartum patients
• The Supervisor role will involve Charge RN responsibilities, office hours and committee meetings under the guidance of the Nurse Manager.
• Assist with audits, time and attendance, coaching, attend some meetings, evaluations
• Facilitates patient nurse assignments and provides coordination of patient care on nursing unit
• Serves as a role model/mentor for Registered Nurses in the areas of professional development, professional practice, and continuing education.
• Coordinates the scheduling of staff for unit or designated shift.
• Provides continuous constructive feedback and annual performance evaluations to staff.
• Participates in coaching and counseling, Progressive Disciplinary action process with Nurse Manager/Director and staff.
• Assists in providing staff meetings with Nurse Manager and facilitates during meetings as appropriate.
• Identifies ineffective, inefficient or costly processes and takes action to improve those processes.
• Participates in monitoring the budget as directed by Nurse Manager/Director.
• Assists Nurse Manager/Director with recruiting and interviewing potential staff.
• Supports retention strategies and objectives.
• Promotes Promise behaviors.
• Assists Nurse Manager with creating Employee Development Plan.
• Seeks opportunities for self-development in leadership.
• Manages bed control for unit in collaboration with Administrative Supervisor.
• Integrates team building strategies and principles of group process in interactions with staff.
• Contributes to creating and maintaining a collaborative work environment.
• Completes daily assignments addressing patient acuity levels, staffing standards and scope, function and competence level of staff members.
• Recognizes staff for and encourages them to seek professional development opportunities as needed including CAP and Certification
• Complies with hospital policies and the Nurse Practice Act
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate’s degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) – Graduate of an accredited nursing program is required
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) is preferred – Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required.
• Two (2) years’ experience as a clinical nurse (RN) with previous experience as a Charge nurse or similar leadership role (ie. Charge RN, committee chair, Preceptor) required
• RN – Registered Nurse licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support certification through the American Heart Association required upon hire
• NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 90 days is required
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Critical thinking skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills and service excellence skills are also essential attributes for this position.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth opened a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.