Texas Health Resources PCT- Intermediate Cardiac in Fort Worth, Texas
Patient Care Tech (PCT) - Intermediate Cardiac
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for qualified Patient Care Technicians like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Southwest 6100 Harris Parkway TX 76132
Work environment: Intermediate Cardiac
Work hours: Part Time Night
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is Magnet-designated, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC.
Here’s What You Need
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
Current TX CNA or PCT training with NHA, NAHP or NCCT or an accredited community college program or a THR approved program or
Current EMT for TX or
Military experience with medical training equivalent (Equivalent to EMT-B) or
1 year of applicable PCT experience in lieu of an active and approved certification or
Nursing student who has completed fundamentals or foreign nurse degree program.
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly
CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 60 days of hire required.
What You Will Do
Provides assistance to patient according to plan of care.
• Collects patient data, identifies and reports significant findings to nurse.
• Assists in admission/transfer/discharge.
• Provides and Revises patient activities of daily living based on patient/family preferences.
• Performs technical procedures safely and proficiently.
• Takes action to reduce or eliminate patient risk.
• Enters orders into computer or manual system if applicable.
• Documents accurately and appropriately.
• In collaboration/consultation with the nurse, adapts care to reflect patient population.
• In collaboration/consultation with nurse, incorporates cultural/religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
• Keeps patient environment clean and maintains safe environment.
• Anticipates patient/family and visitor needs and takes action to meet those needs and rounds as appropriate
Additional perks of being a Texas Health PCT:
Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Program as well as several other benefits.
Delivery of high quality of patient care through education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.