Texas Health Resources Physical Therapist PRN (as needed) in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Fort Worth seeks to hire a Physical Therapist to work PRN (as needed).
The address is 1301 Pruitt Street Fort Worth TX 76104.
Salary range is Min. $35.44/hr to Max. $53.31/hr – based on relevant experience
• Day shift
• PRN (as needed) to cover, at minimum, three (3) weekend days per quarter and one (1) training day per year.
• May have some Monday-Friday work availability if desired.
• Performs age appropriate patient assessment and establishes plan of care
• Obtains/verifies physician order for therapy and validates for appropriateness
• Reviews available medical records and obtains pertinent medical history from patient or family
• Ensures that patient has given informed consent to treatment
• Evaluates each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements, including appropriate outcome assessment tool(s)
• Integrates assessment results to identify functional problems and prioritizes care needs with patient and family
• Determines plan for care, and/or appropriate therapeutic interventions to achieve stated goals
• Initiates therapy discharge planning in collaboration with care team and patient based on prognosis and expected discharge disposition
• Determines patient response to treatment and evaluates progress (reassessment)
• Responsible for care provided under their direction, including that provided by licensed assistants and therapy technicians
• Documents all aspects of each treatment session in accordance with departmental, TJC, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines
• Obtains physician signature on all plans care and re-certifications, providing proof of all attempts to obtain signature such as documenting contacts in medical record
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree is required (Completion of a Physical Therapy program)
• PT – Physical Therapist License in Texas required upon hire
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support required within 60 days of hire
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English; Problem – solving ability; Ability to teach others; Time management skills; Good interpersonal and customer service skills, Basic leadership skills.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (4th year in a row)
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
• A "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2018 by Fortune.
• A 2018 “100 Best Workplaces for Women” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (3rd year in a row)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.