Texas Health Resources RN Nurse Supervisor - Geriatric Post Surgical in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Fort Worth seeks to hire a Nurse Supervisor to work Full Time in the Geriatric Post Surgical Department.
The address is 1301 Pennsylvania Ave Fort Worth, TX 76104
Salary range is Min. $39.81/hr. to Max. $64.15hr. – based on relevant experience
• Shift is 7:00 pm-7:00 am, full-time, (3)12 hour shifts, weekends and holidays required
The Nurse Supervisor will provide leadership and support to our Geriatric Post Surgical nursing team. The essential job duties of this position are:
• Collaborates with Leadership, UBC, and appropriate team members to establish, implement, and monitor department policies/procedures, facilitate unit goals, evaluate and individualize patient care and provide direction to staff to promote quality outcomes.
• Engages staff to promote evidence based practices within the unit.
• Monitors key performance indicators and regulatory requirements for compliance.
• Provides bedside leadership and clinical expertise to improve quality of patient care.
• Associate's Degree from an accredited Nursing program and Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required.
• Bachelor's Degree Nursing Preferred.
• 2+ years experience as a clinical nurse with previous experience as a charge nurse or similar leadership role (i.e. Charge nurse, committee chair, preceptor) required.
• TX Registered Nurse Upon Hire required
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire required
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 60 Days required.
• NICHE- Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders is preferred within 12 months
• 2+ years experience as a Med/surg, Ortho or Trauma RN preferred.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7 th year in a row)
• 2020 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare"
• 2020 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.