Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse - Acute Medical - Full Time Days in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Fort Worth seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the Acute Medical Department.
The address is 1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, Fort Worth TX 76104
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr. to Max. $50.82/hr. – based on relevant experience
Shift is 7:00 am-7:00 pm, full-time, (3)12 hour shifts, rotating weekends and holidays required
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, a Magnet facility, is currently in search of a Registered Nurse for our 38 bed Acute Medical unit. The Acute Medical unit improves the quality of care for the medical patient. Patients are admitted to this floor for multiple acute chronic diseases such as TB, GI, Pneumonia, Dialysis, Ortho as well as trachs, isolations and cardiac overflow. It is a monitored floor with 12 Tele Beds. Manager is a previous recipient of the Leadership of Excellence Award.
*No Lift Environment – unit has been recognized for not having employee injuries for over 10 years
The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associate's Degree Nursing - Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required without a previously approved exemption.
• BSN preferred
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS (AHA) upon hire - expiration date greater than 3 months preferred
• CPI training within 60 days of hire
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• 1+ years Med/Surg RN experience in an acute care setting preferred.
• Prefer strong med/surg experience including charge/preceptor skills
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (6 th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2019 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.