Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse - CVICU, Full-time, 7pm-7am in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Fort Worth seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the Cardiovascular ICU Department.
The address is 1304 Pennsylvania Ave; Fort Worth TX 76104
Salary range is Min. $25.00/hr. to Max. $50.40/hr. – based on relevant experience
- Shift is 7:00 pm-7:00 am, full-time, (3)12 hour shifts, weekends and holidays required
Texas Health Fort Worth, a Magnet designated Hospital, is conveniently located close to downtown Fort Worth. Our 25 bed Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) is a very fast paced, high acuity environment that provides high acuity level of care to a wide variety of cardiac-surgical patients at a 2:1 patient to nurse ratio . Our primary focus is on the care of the cardiovascular surgical patient which covers a vast variety of procedures, from peripheral vascular surgeries to complex open heart surgeries. We focus on providing evidence based, patient focused care to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients.
The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• Associate’s degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred
• BCLS (AHA) upon hire - expiration date greater than 3 months preferred
• ACLS (AHA) upon hire – expiration date greater than 3 month preferred
• CPI training within 60 days of hire
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• ICU/PCU experience preferred
• Computer skills
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.