Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse - Emergency Department, PRN II, variable shifts in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Southwest seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work PRN in the Emergency Department.
The address is 6100 Harris Parkway; Fort Worth TX 76132
Salary: Flat rate of $35.00/hour
• PRN II; Variable shifts; 32 hours/months; one (1) weekend shift/months; 1 major/1 minor holiday requirement
Texas Health Southwest is a leading provider in the quality emergency care in the Ft. Worth community. With experienced, compassionate and skilled staff we strive to create a patient centered environment by fostering positive teamwork. The ER boast 43 beds which serve an average population of 170 - 180 patients per day with care options ranging from minor to critical we strive for excellence with every patient contact.
Emergency Department, Registered Nurse - “Making it count when moments count”.
The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associate’s degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred; completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS (AHA) upon hire
• ACLS (AHA) within 6 month of hire
• CPI training within 60 days of hire and NIHSS within 6 month of hire
• PALS or ENPC within 1 year of hire and TNCC within 1 year of hire
• Two (2) years experience as a clinical nurse (RN) in the ED setting
• Computer skills
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Texas Health Highlights
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is Magnet-designated, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.