Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse - Med/surg - Full Time Nights in Fort Worth, Texas
Sign On Bonus - $10,000 !!
Texas Health Southwest seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the Med/surg Tele Department.
The address is 6100 Harris Parkway TX 76132
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr. to Max. $50.82/hr. – based on relevant experience
• Shift is 7:00 pm-7:00 am, full-time, (3)12 hour shifts, weekends and holidays required
The Registered Nurse will improve the quality of care for the medical surgical patient. This Med/surg Tele unit is known for its positive culture, great preceptors, teamwork, exceptional customer service and high satisfaction scores! The unit has been recognized in several areas of specialty care and more than one-third of the nurses are certified by the Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board and many have received local and national awards for their outstanding contributions to nursing. It's a great place to share a nursing career! The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associates Degree in Nursing Required. Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required .
• BSN preferred
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS (AHA) upon hire - expiration date greater than 3 months preferred
• CPI training within 60 days of hire
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• 2+ years of experience as an Med/surg RN in acute care setting preferred
• ACLS preferred
• Charge Nurse experience preferred
• Must be a team player, have good communication skills and able to work in fast paced environment and effective in managing multiple acute chronic disease processes.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is Magnet-designated, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Southwest Highlights
2020 AMSN Prism Award Recipient – Medical/Surgical Telemetry, 5 th floor
CMS 5-star rating for overall quality (5 th year in a row)
2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (6th year in a row)
US News & World Report best hospital (4th DFW, 10th Texas), 2020
100 Top Hospital award by IBM Watson (4 th year in a row)
AACN Beacon Award - Silver Beacon
Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award, 2019
2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5th year in a row)
National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, 2019
2019 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Magnet Designation in Nursing (since 2016)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.