Texas Health Resources Security Officer Lead in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth seeks to hire a Security Officer Lead to work full time.
The address is 6100 Harris Pkwy, Fort Worth 76132
Salary range is min $16.38/hr to max $29.37/hr based on relevant experience
Work schedule is 6:00AM – 14:30PM Tuesday - Saturday
Oversees operations on assigned shifts:
• Leads security briefings for officers and distributes equipment
• Responds to calls for service and disturbances.
• Reviews shift paperwork and reports
• Develop shift schedule and assignments
• Perform role of “officer in charge” in the absence of supervisor
• Participates in the Texas Health Threat Assessment Team for assigned area and monitors for correct utilization.
Performs officer duties as needed:
• Patrols buildings and ground for unlocked secured areas for after hour entry.
• Locks and opens doors according to schedules.
• Provides individual and group escorts to and from parking areas
• Identifies and removes unauthorized individuals from property
• Enforces campus parking policies/cite violations
• Maintains compliance with Security policies
• Pursues and detains persons involved in criminal activity
• Fills out incident/offense report forms and composes narratives.
• Gives directions to areas of facility
• Interacts with police, fire personnel, patients, visitors and staff.
• Provides vehicle assistance
• Patrols interior/perimeter of campus and parking
Provides training for officers:
• Orientates new employees
• Attends assigned meetings and shares information
Provides manager with input for:
• Employee selection
• Progressive discipline
• Employee evaluations
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent Required
Associate's Degree Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Security or closely related field Preferred
2 Years Security or law enforcement experience Required
2 Years Healthcare or education security experience Preferred
Licenses and Certifications
DL - Drivers License Class C and insurable Upon Hire Required And
CSO - Commissioned Security Officer Texas Level 3 30 Days Required And
CHSO - Certified Healthcare Security Officer 12 Months Required And
CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training Upon Hire Required And
ACPI - Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 6 Months Required Or
CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 30 Days Required And
ACPI - Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 12 Months Required
Excellent customer service skills. Effective management skills and techniques. Good verbal and written communication skills, evidenced by demeanor and previous training. Basic computer skills with MS Office and other industry-driven software. Knowledge of industry standards including but not limited to ASIS, IAHSS, TJC, Medicare, OSHA, State of Texas DPS. Knowledge of continuous improvement and change management.
Must possess the ability to physically defend and/or restrain people.
Must successfully complete a psychological evaluation
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.