Texas Health Resources SECURITY OFFICER in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth seeks to hire a Security Officer to work part-time weekend evenings.
The address is 1301 Pennsylvania Ave Fort Worth, TX 76104
The work schedule is 2nd Shift 1430-2300 Saturday and Sunday
Performs officer duties to include, but not limited to:
• Patrols buildings and ground for unlocked secured areas for after hour entry.
• Locks and opens doors according to schedules.
• Provides individual and group escorts to and from parking areas
• Identifies and removes unauthorized individuals from property
• Enforces campus parking policies/cite violations
• Maintains compliance with Security policies
• Pursues and detains persons involved in criminal activity
• Fills out incident/offense report forms and composes narratives.
• Gives directions to areas of facility
• Interacts with police, fire personnel, patients, visitors and staff.
• Provides vehicle assistance
• Patrols interior/perimeter of campus and parking
Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities. Reports and escalates situations to the Threat Management team as appropriate.
Provides quality customer service to Texas Health employees, visitors, and guest.
• Greets people with courtesy and respect using the 10/5 rule
• Provides directions and assistance employees, visitors and guests
• Provide general information regarding Texas Health campuses
• Provides transport/and escorts to and from campus parking lots
Responds timely to calls for service and emergency situations.
• Assesses the situation and utilizes appropriate de-escalation measures
• Utilizes critical thinking skills and provides the appropriate level of force for the situation
• Responds to and activates the appropriate emergency response code
• Interacts with and provides assistance to Police, Fire, EMS and other emergency staff as required
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent Required And
Associate's Degree Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Security or closely related field Preferred
2 Years security, military, or law enforcement Preferred
2 Years healthcare or education Preferred
Licenses and Certifications
DL - Drivers License Class C and insurable Upon Hire Required And
CSO - Commissioned Security Officer Texas Private Security Level 2 within14 Days of hired Required And
CSO - Commissioned Security Officer Texas Private Security Level 3 within 60 Days of hire Required And
CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training Upon Hire Required And
ACPI - Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 6 Months Required Or
CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 30 Days Required And
ACPI - Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 12 Months Required
Ability to make independent decisions with tact and mature/positive attitude. ability to assume responsibilities. Ability to be cooperative, discreet and courteous within scope of assigned authority.
Must possess the ability to physically defend and/or restrain people.
Must successfully complete a psychological evaluation.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
A 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (6th year in a row)
A 2020 "Top 100 Places to Work" by the Dallas Morning News (9th time)
A 2019 Companies that Care list by People magazine and Great Place to Work®
Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2019)
A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.