Texas Health Resources Speech Language Pathologist PRN in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Alliance seeks to hire a Speech Language Pathologist to work a PRN position.
The address is 10840 Texas Health Trail Fort Worth, TX 76244 in Rehab gym
Salary range is Min. $33.32/hr to Max. $50.56/hr – based on relevant experience
• PRN (As Needed) Rotating Shift and schedules ( Greatest need being weekends)
• Performs age appropriate patient assessment and establishes plan of care.
• Obtains/verifies physician order for therapy and validates for appropriateness.
• Reviews available medical records and obtains pertinent medical history from patient or family
• Ensures that patient has given informed consent to treatment.
• Evaluates each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements, including appropriate outcome assessment tool(s).
• Integrates assessment results to identify functional problems and prioritizes care needs with patient and family.
• Sets appropriate, measurable, functional goals with time frames to address the identified problems including patient/family goals and preferences.
• Determines plan for care, and/or appropriate therapeutic interventions to achieve stated goals.
• Initiates therapy discharge planning in collaboration with care team and patient based on prognosis and expected discharge disposition.
• Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient assessment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
• Other Significant Activities in Addition to Job Responsibilities/Competencies
• Participates in strategies to meet business initiatives and unit/team, program, and department specific goals and targets
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology is required OR
Post- Baccalaureate degree recognized by the American Speech- Language-
Hearing Association is required
• SLP – Speech Language Pathology (Texas Speech Language Pathology License) required upon hire OR
SLP- I – Speech Language Pathology Intern (Texas Speech Language Pathology Intern License) required upon hire
• SLP- Speech Language Pathology (Texas Speech Language Pathology License) is preferred upon hire and
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support required within 60 days
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English; Problem solving ability; Ability to teach others; Time management skills; Good interpersonal and customer service skills, Basic leadership skills
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance is a 98-bed, full-service hospital offering acute care and wellness programs to communities in North Fort Worth, Keller, North Richland Hills, Haslet, Justin and surrounding areas. The hospital provides numerous services, including emergency medicine, general and outpatient surgery – including an outpatient surgery center, women and infant’s care – including a level III neonatal intensive care unit, radiology – including a women’s imaging center, cardiac rehabilitation and therapy center, business health services, and wellness programs. Texas Health Alliance is a technologically advanced hospital that has earned national recognition for operating at the highest level of electronic medical record adoption. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (6th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.