Texas Health Resources Telemetry Monitor Tech - Rotating Shifts - Centralized Tele Monitoring - Fort Worth in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Forth Worth seeks to hire a Telemetry Monitor Tech for full-time employment in the Centralized Tele Monitoring Unit.
The address is 1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76104
Salary: Min $14.41 – Max $21.26, based on relevant work experience.
Full-time; 36 hours
Rotating Shifts; 7:00am – 7:00pm or 7:00pm – 7:00am
May include weekend and holiday requirements
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Demonstrates competency in the set up and use of the telemetry monitoring equipment.
• Collects, reports and documents patient information (rhythms/rate) timely and accurately.
• Seeks assistance, supervision or consultation when unsure of rhythm(s) identification.
• Distinguishes and reports abnormalities and initiates action to provide continuity of care.
• Admission/dismissals are processed promptly; Preparations are made to get the monitor ready for admission.
• Notifies RN promptly of any changes in monitor
• Communicates promptly of perceived risks specific to patient safety or immediate need for assistance.
• Safety checklist/quality controls completed as required
• Assures that alarms are activated with appropriate settings and are sufficiently audible
• Monitors are cleaned after each use
• Assists with documentation that supports and meets hospital and regulatory requirements
• Complies with personnel policies i.e. Attendance, ID badge, Dress Code, et. al.
• Take steps to learn and develop own performance
• Communicates per department expectations
• Uses Clinical Practice Model philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers, and all other disciplines
• Actively participates in informal training, development and evaluation of team members
• Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills with patients, families, co- workers, physicians, all disciplines, and other customers
• Works assigned schedule and adjusts to help meet departmental and patient needs
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• 1 Year direct patient care experience involving telemetry monitoring OR
completion of educational program which includes telemetry monitoring
• Completion of Telemetry/EKG test within 30 Days
• Basic Understanding/ability to learn medical terminology
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (#1)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A 2020 “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Companies that Care list by People magazine and Great Place to Work®
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.