Texas Health Resources Certified Surgical Tech - Full Time - 6:30am-3:00pm - Main OR in Frisco, Texas
Texas Health Frisco seeks to hire a Certified Surgical Tech to join the Surgery Team.
The address is 12400 Dallas Pkwy, Frisco, TX 75033.
Salary: Min $21.55 – Max $36.71, based on relevant work experience.
• Full Time: 40 hours per week; 6:30am-3:00pm
Call required weekends, holidays, and evenings; 30-minute response time.
Texas Health Frisco has 6 Main OR suites, and 3 additional suites for Interventional Radiology, GI, and Bronchoscopy, respectively. A range of specialty surgical services will be provided including Bariatric, Gastroenterology, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Ortho/Spine, and Sports Medicine, as well as General Surgery.
The essential job functions of this position are:
• Assists in providing Peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics.
• Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
• Assists as needed in coordinating patient care Peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
• Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
• Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
• Assists in delivering care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
• Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service and cost effectiveness.
• Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent and was employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology.
• At least 3 year of Surgical Tech Main OR experience strongly preferred.
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program OR employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR CST - Certified Surgical Technologies graduate/completion of a military. training program in surgical technology within 2 Years OR LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse upon hire
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
• Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast-paced environment, positive interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills, able to perform basic computer skills.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Resources and UT Southwestern Medical Center have collaborated to build a new health care campus in Frisco that includes a hospital, medical office building, parking garage, green space and many amenities, including a walking trail and café. Texas Health Hospital Frisco is a health care campus designed to be a destination for the residents of Frisco and surrounding communities. Texas Health Frisco Hospital is a 73-bed full-service facility that includes surgical, imaging services, women and children’s services. The hospital has a 24-hour emergency department, a neonatal intensive care unit level II, orthopedics, Med-Surg and critical care. Additionally, the following specialties are on the campus: neurosciences, orthopedic surgery, oncology, ENT, and pediatric subspecialties. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020 (#15) (6 th year in a row)
• 2020 Fortune's list of Best Workplaces in Health Care (#1)
• Best Workplaces for Millennials for 2019 by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2019 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles®” awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health
• 2019 "Best Workplaces for Women" by Great Place to Work®
• 2019 Gold Level Workplace Health Achievement Award by the American Heart Association
• 2019 HealthCare's Most Wired by CHIME and Modern Healthcare
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.