Texas Health Resources Certified Surgical Technician in Frisco, Texas
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for qualified Certified Surgical Technicians like you to join our Texas Health family.
• Work location: 12400 N. Dallas Parkway, Frisco, TX 75033
• Work environment: Surgery
• Work hours: Day shift, part-time, 24 hours weekly
• Salary range: $23.11 - $38.00 per hour (based on relevant experience)
Texas Health Resources and UT Southwestern Medical Center have collaborated to build a new health care campus in Frisco that includes a hospital, medical office building, parking garage, green space and many amenities, including a walking trail and café. Texas Health Hospital Frisco is a health care campus designed to be a destination for the residents of Frisco and surrounding communities. Texas Health Frisco Hospital is a 73-bed full-service facility that includes surgical, imaging services, women and children’s services. The hospital will also have a 24-hour emergency department, a neonatal intensive care unit level II, orthopedics, Med-Surg and critical care. Texas Health Frisco will be hiring 300 employees including nursing, surgical, respiratory, imaging, therapy, pharmacy, materials management, patient care techs, quality, risk, engineering, security, and patient access. Additionally, UT Southwestern is planning on bringing the following specialties to the campus: neurosciences, orthopedic surgery, oncology, ENT, and pediatric subspecialties. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
• High school diploma or equivalent and was employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 required or
• Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology upon hire required
• Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology upon hire preferred
One (1) year current operating room experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program upon hire required o
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist and was employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 upon hire required or
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology within two (2) years required or
• LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse upon hire required and
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support (prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly required)
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Intra-operatively displays skills and behavior conducive to desirable outcome.
• Assists in providing peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics.
• Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
• Assists as needed in coordinating patient care peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
• Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment.
• Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
• Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
• Assists in delivering care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
• Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service and cost effectiveness.
Age Specific Care:
• Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older adult.
Why Texas Health
As a Texas Health Certified Surgical Technician, you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make it a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
• 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
• Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
• “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
• A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns?
Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.