Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse, Surgery in Frisco, Texas
Registered Nurse, Surgery – Full Time – Great Benefits!
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for qualified Operating Room Registered Nurses like you to join our Texas Health family.
• Work location: Frisco
• Work environment: Surgery
• Work hours: Full-time, 40 hours weekly, 6:30am – 3:00pm
• Salary range: $27.50 - $52.88 per hour (based on relevant experience)
• Call and some holidays may be required
At Texas Health Frisco we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are an 80-bed, acute-care, full-service hospital and medical office community offering primary care and multispecialty. Our location in the North DFW s provides convenient care to the residents of Frisco and the surrounding areas.
If you’re looking for women’s services, outpatient surgery, NICU, and emergency medicine, we’ve got it.
And talk about award winning. Texas Health Frisco is a new member of a system known for Magnet® status, Joint Commission-certifications designated Baby Friendly facilities, Fortune 100 Best Places to Work® and more.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
Associate's Degree Nursing required
Bachelor’s Degree in Nurse preferred
1 Year Experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program (Required)
RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire (Required)
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire (Required)
2 years of Experience as a clinical nurse in the Surgery preferred
Position Responsibilities A Behavioral Health, Registered Nurse with Texas Health will respond to others’ priorities regarding safety, physical, psychological and social needs.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Registered Nurse will
• Complete regular assessments and maintenance of comfort
• Have knowledge of basic physiology and pathophysiology
• Have knowledge of human emotions during health and illness
• Have knowledge of human development across the life span
• Have knowledge of pain and suffering, pain interventions and pain comfort/theories.
• Provide safe patient care as evidenced by:
• Use barcode medication verification (BMV) during medication administrations
• Complete accurate documentation in the electronic health record
• Complete assessments accurately and in a timely manner
• Individualize care plans specific to the needs of the patient
• Provide consistent attention to airway, intake, elimination, sleep, rest, mobility and hygiene needs
• Demonstrate knowledge of patient rights and incorporating into daily practice
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health RN you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a place you’ll love to call home.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
Unlimited access to online continuing education for professional and career development. Plus an RN Step Program including NCAP and a nursing certification test-prep content for specialty nurses.
A Nursing Excellence Advisory Board to provide the framework and methodology for funding projects to improve the quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
A strong shared governance structure featuring unit-based councils that empower nurses to shape their work environment.
A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.