Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse, Acute ICU, Full-time, 7PM-7AM in Frisco, Texas
Texas Health Hospital Frisco — a health care campus designed to be a destination for the residents of Frisco and surrounding communities – is scheduled to open later this year.
Texas Health Frisco is seeking an experienced Acute ICU RN for a newly created full-time position.
The address is 12400 Dallas Parkway, Frisco, TX 75033
Salary range is Minimum $26.50/hr to Maximum $50.82/hr – based on relevant RN experience
• Full-time: 36 hours/week, 6:45AM-7:15PM, (3) 12-hour shifts/week, with rotating weekends and holidays; self-scheduling. Flexible with schedule. On-call requirements possible.
• 16-bed General Acute Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
• Swing-bed unit based on acuity level.
• Experience with a variety of patients – CRRT, Balloon pumps, hyperthermia, hypothermia, various drips, step-down patients, neuro patients
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate’s degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) is Required;
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) is preferred; Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required.
• 1 Year Experience as a clinical nurse (RN) or completion of an RN residency program Required; Three (3) or more years’ current experience as an Acute ICU RN is strongly preferred.
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire is required
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support certification through the American Heart Association required upon hire
• ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification through the American Heart Association required upon hire
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training required within 30 days
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Primary Charge RN experience is a plus
• Preceptor RN experience is beneficial
• Flexibility with schedule is key!
• Computer skills in Care Connect/ EPIC charting are helpful
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources and UT Southwestern Medical Center have collaborated to build a new health care campus in Frisco that includes a hospital, medical office building, parking garage, green space and many amenities, including a walking trail and café. Texas Health Hospital Frisco is a health care campus designed to be a destination for the residents of Frisco and surrounding communities.
Texas Health Frisco Hospital is a 73-bed full-service facility that includes surgical, imaging services, women and children’s services. The hospital will also have a 24-hour emergency department, a neonatal intensive care unit level II, orthopedics, Med-Surg and critical care. Texas Health Frisco will be hiring 300 employees including nursing, surgical, respiratory, imaging, therapy, pharmacy, materials management, patient care techs, quality, risk, engineering, security, and patient access. Additionally, UT Southwestern is planning on bringing the following specialties to the campus: neurosciences, orthopedic surgery, oncology, ENT, and pediatric subspecialties. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2 nd year in a row)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.