Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse, Neonatal ICU, PRN III, 7PM-7AM in Frisco, Texas
Texas Health Hospital Frisco — a health care campus designed to be a destination for the residents of Frisco and surrounding communities – opened in December 2019.
Texas Health Frisco is seeking an experienced Neonatal ICU/NICU RN for a newly created PRN III position.
The address is 12400 Dallas Parkway, Frisco, TX 75033
Salary set PRN III rate: $38.00/hr plus shift differentials
• PRN Level III: On an as needed basis, 6:45PM-7:15AM, 72 hours per month with
2 weekend/shifts per month and 1 major & 2 minor critical staffing/holidays per year; self-scheduling. Flexible with schedule.
• 6-room Level II Neonatal ICU - can hold up to 8 patients
• 24/7 Neonatologists
• Experience with a variety of patients – focus on feeders/growers
• Experience with CPAP – stabilization and short-term vent management
• 32-week gestation on up
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate’s degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) is Required; Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) is strongly preferred.
• 2 Years’ Experience as a clinical nurse (RN) Required; Three (3) or more years’ current experience as a Neonatal ICU RN is preferred.
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire is required
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support certification through the American Heart Association required upon hire
• NRP – Neonatal Resuscitation Program is required upon hire
• STABLE certification is preferred
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Primary Charge RN experience is a plus
• Preceptor RN experience is beneficial
• Flexibility with schedule is key!
• Computer skills in Care Connect/ EPIC charting are helpful
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources and UT Southwestern Medical Center have collaborated to build a new health care campus in Frisco that includes a hospital, medical office building, parking garage, green space and many amenities, including a walking trail and café. Texas Health Hospital Frisco is a health care campus designed to be a destination for the residents of Frisco and surrounding communities.
Texas Health Frisco Hospital is a 73-bed full-service facility that includes surgical, imaging services, women and children’s services. The hospital will also have a 24-hour emergency department, a neonatal intensive care unit level II, orthopedics, Med-Surg and critical care. Texas Health Frisco will be hiring 300 employees including nursing, surgical, respiratory, imaging, therapy, pharmacy, materials management, patient care techs, quality, risk, engineering, security, and patient access. Additionally, UT Southwestern is planning on bringing the following specialties to the campus: neurosciences, orthopedic surgery, oncology, ENT, and pediatric subspecialties. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (6 th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2 nd year in a row)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.