Texas Health Resources CMA/Certified Medical Assistant - Burleson TX in Hoffman Family Practice Associ 2730 South Wilshire Burleson TX 76028, Texas
Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Certified Medical Assistant to work Full Time at Hoffman Family Practice in Burleson, TX.
The schedule is Monday through Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm
Hoffman Family Practice Association
2730 South Wilshire Burleson TX, 76028
Under the direction of the health care provider, the Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well being of all patients. Accurately performs preliminary physical tests such as: measuring blood pressure, recording weight, temperature, pulse and respiration and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols.
• Performs general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
• Greets and prepares patients for the health care provider.
• Obtains and records vital signs including, but not limited to: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
• Administers ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
• May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis as well as perform routine tests such as EKG’s.
• Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Documents patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
• Communicates with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
• Prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments and maintains equipment, disposing of contaminated items according to protocol. Keeps patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly.
• Escalates non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
• Ensures safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
• Provides for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
• Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, more senior staff, or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
Salary Based on years of experience as MA
The ideal candidate possess the following:
*High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
1 year of experience of MA is strongly preferred
*Current Medical Assistant Certification is required
*ACLS or BLS is preferred
*Non-Certified Radiologic Technician training may be required
• Ability to perform EKGs, draw blood, and administer injections as needed by assigned clinic.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrated knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Demonstrated sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.