Texas Health Resources Patient Care Tech - PRN; 5:45pm to 6:15am - Telemetry - Kaufman in Kaufman, Texas
Texas Health Kaufman is seeking for a Patient Care Tech for PRN employment in the Telemetry Department.
The address is 874 West Highway 243 Kaufman TX 75142
Salary: min $13.28 – max $19.83, based on relevant work experience.
PRN; As Needed
Night Shift: 5:45pm to 6:15am
Rotating weekends and holidays
• Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Flexibility in providing support to various units in order to meet patient needs.
• In collaboration with the nursing team, provides assistance to patient according to plan of care.
• Collects patient data, identifies and reports significant findings to nurse.
• Provides and Revises patient activities of daily living based on patient/family preferences.
• Adapts care to reflect patient population.
• In collaboration/consultation with nurse, incorporates cultural/religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
• Keeps patient environment clean and maintains safe environment.
• Anticipates patient, family, and visitor needs, takes action to meet those needs, and purposefully rounds as appropriate.
• Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changes in schedule and/or workload assignment necessary to meet changing needs of the individual patient or unit.
• Makes new team members feel welcome and offers assistance with orientation of new employees.
• Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills and communication with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, all disciplines and other customers.
• Organizes workload and effectively collaborates with nursing to prioritize care.
• Communicates per department expectations.
• Recognizes and promptly communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
• Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve them.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• CNA - Certified Nurses Aide Upon Hire OR Nursing student who has completed fundamentals or military experience with medical training equivalent AND BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire
• experience preferred
• Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast paced work environment, positive interpersonal skills, and good verbal and written communication skills.
• Nursing Students who do not complete course of study in nursing but having completed their Fundamentals Training and EMTs who do not retain formally retain their EMT status may continue in role if they have consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
• After hire PCT CNA renewal is not a requirement of the role if the PCT has consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Kaufman is a 91-bed acute-care, full-service hospital serving Kaufman and Henderson counties and southern Dallas County since 1979. Hospital services include emergency care, acute care, surgical services, physical therapy, laboratory, diagnostic and imaging services. Texas Health Kaufman is recognized as a Pathway to Excellence® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our location, 35 miles southeast of downtown Dallas, brings all the perks of country living to your lifestyle and puts the city's best features within convenient reach.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (#1)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A 2020 “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Companies that Care list by People magazine and Great Place to Work®
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.