Texas Health Resources SECURITY OFFICER in Kaufman, Texas
Texas Health Kaufman seeks to hire a Security Officer to work full time.
The address is 850 Ed Hall Drive, Kaufman, TX 75142
Salary range is Min. $14.94/hr to Max. $26.62/hr – based on relevant experience
Work Schedule is The work schedule is 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM Monday - Friday..
Performs officer duties to include, but not limited to:
• Patrols buildings and ground for unlocked secured areas for after hour entry.
• Locks and opens doors according to schedules.
• Provides individual and group escorts to and from parking areas
• Identifies and removes unauthorized individuals from property
• Enforces campus parking policies/cite violations
• Maintains compliance with Security policies
• Pursues and detains persons involved in criminal activity
• Fills out incident/offense report forms and composes narratives.
• Gives directions to areas of facility
• Interacts with police, fire personnel, patients, visitors and staff.
• Provides vehicle assistance
• Patrols interior/perimeter of campus and parking
• Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities.
• Reports and escalates situations to the Threat Management team as appropriate.
• Provides quality customer service to Texas Health employees, visitors, and guest.
• Greets people with courtesy and respect using the 10/5 rule
• Provides directions and assistance employees, visitors and guests
• Provide general information regarding Texas Health campuses
• Provides transport/and escorts to and from campus parking lots
• Responds timely to calls for service and emergency situations.
• Assesses the situation and utilizes appropriate de-escalation measures
• Utilizes critical thinking skills and provides the appropriate level of force for the situation
• Responds to and activates the appropriate emergency response code
• Interacts with and provides assistance to Police, Fire, EMS and other emergency staff as required
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent required and
Associate's Degree in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Security or closely related field preferred
Two (2) years security or law enforcement preferred
Two (2) years healthcare or education preferred
Licenses and Certifications
• DL - Drivers License Class C and insurable upon hire required and
• CSO - Commissioned Security Officer Texas Private Security Level 2 within fourteen (14) days required and
• CSO - Commissioned Security Officer Texas Private Security Level 3 within sixty (60) days required and
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training upon hire required and
• ACPI - Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within six (6) months required or
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within thirty (30) days required and
• ACPI - Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within twelve (12) months required
• Ability to make independent decisions with tact and mature/positive attitude.
• Ability to assume responsibilities.
• Ability to be cooperative, discreet and courteous within scope of assigned authority.
• Must possess the ability to physically defend and/or restrain people.
• Must successfully complete a psychological evaluation.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Kaufman is a 91-bed acute-care, full-service hospital serving Kaufman and Henderson counties and southern Dallas County since 1979. Hospital services include women’s care, cardiac rehabilitation, wound care and diagnostic and imaging services. Texas Health Kaufman was recently recognized as a Pathway to Excellence® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and is a Level IV Trauma Center. Our location, 35 miles southeast of downtown Dallas, brings all the perks of country living to your lifestyle and puts the city's best features within convenient reach.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.