Texas Health Resources SECURITY OFFICER PART TIME in Mansfield, Texas
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Security Officer to work part-time at Texas Health Mansfield.
The address is 2300 Lone Star Road Mansfield, TX 76063
Salary range is min $14.94/hr to max $26.62/hr based on relevant experience
Work schedule is Saturday & Sunday 6:30 am to 6:30 pm
Performs officer duties to include, but not limited to:
• Patrols buildings and ground for unlocked secured areas for after hour entry.
• Locks and opens doors according to schedules.
• Provides individual and group escorts to and from parking areas
• Identifies and removes unauthorized individuals from property
• Enforces campus parking policies/cite violations
• Maintains compliance with Security policies
• Pursues and detains persons involved in criminal activity
• Fills out incident/offense report forms and composes narratives.
• Gives directions to areas of facility
• Interacts with police, fire personnel, patients, visitors and staff.
• Provides vehicle assistance
• Patrols interior/perimeter of campus and parking
Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities. Reports and escalates situations to the Threat Management team as appropriate.
Provides quality customer service to Texas Health employees, visitors, and guest.
• Greets people with courtesy and respect using the 10/5 rule
• Provides directions and assistance employees, visitors and guests
• Provide general information regarding Texas Health campuses
• Provides transport/and escorts to and from campus parking lots
Responds timely to calls for service and emergency situations.
• Assesses the situation and utilizes appropriate de-escalation measures
• Utilizes critical thinking skills and provides the appropriate level of force for the situation
• Responds to and activates the appropriate emergency response code
• Interacts with and provides assistance to Police, Fire, EMS and other emergency staff as required
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent Required And
Associate's Degree Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Security or closely related field Preferred
2 Years security or law enforcement Preferred
2 Years healthcare or education Preferred
Licenses and Certifications
DL - Drivers License Class C and insurable Upon Hire Required And
CSO - Commissioned Security Officer Texas Private Security Level 2 within 14 Days Required And CSO - Commissioned Security Officer Texas Private Security Level 3 within 60 Days Required And CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training Upon Hire Required And
ACPI - Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 6 Months Required Or
CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 30 Days Required And
ACPI - Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 12 Months Required
Ability to make independent decisions with tact and mature/positive attitude. ability to assume responsibilities. Ability to be cooperative, discreet and courteous within scope of assigned authority.
Must possess the ability to physically defend and/or restrain people.
Must successfully complete a psychological evaluation.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.