Texas Health Resources Bariatric Program Coordinator, RN - Full Time, 40 Hours in Plano, Texas
Texas Health Plano seeks to hire a Bariatric Program Coordinator to join the Bariatric Services Team.
The address is 6200 West Parker Road, Plano, Texas, 75093.
Salary: Min $33.66 – Max $52.83, based on relevant work experience.
• Full-Time, 40 Hours; Monday – Friday, First Shift
The essential duties of this position are:
• Plans, coordinates, schedules and implements care of the bariatric patient through all phases of obesity treatment including workup, surgery, recovery and readmission.
• Provides educational information for staff and acts as a resource to staff regarding the bariatric patient, bariatric surgical procedures and bariatric equipment.
• Collaborates with department director to maintain compliance with regulatory/accreditation requirements.
• Collaborates with the department director and multidisciplinary team to incorporate American Society of Metabolic Bariatric Surgery's (ASMBS) guidelines for a Bariatric Center of Excellence.
• Remains knowledgeable of policies, procedure and changing information for compliance with hospital/regulatory agencies.
• Participates in continuous quality improvement process in the area of bariatric patient care.
• Appraises research data in the bariatric field and implements findings in patient care decisions. Assists staff nurses to implement research findings.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate’s Degree Graduate of an accredited nursing school Required
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Preferred
• 3 Years bariatric experience Required.
• Working knowledge of the care and management of the bariatric patient
• Experience in similar role Preferred
• Other Clinical licensure commensurate with area of expertise Upon Hire Required And
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.